Earlier this year I travelled to London with my siblings to see Rupi Kaur. As it was only my sister who had visited London before, we decided to go for two nights to make a little holiday out of it. I have already mentioned seeing Rupi in a previous post, so I thought I would focus this one around London in general.
We flew out from Cork into Stansted, and stayed at the London House Hotel in Kensington. I booked it through booking.com and managed to get a great deal. Our hotel was in a great location and was perfect for our stay. I was so excited, I’ve wanted to visit London for ages. Mad that I’d never been there before, especially since I’m British! I decided to run through a few things I noticed while I was over there. Hope you enjoy!
- I’m such a sheltered country mouse. The underground was very alien to me. Let’s see where we end up, shall we?
- I’m convinced they’ve swapped Theresa May with her wax figurine at Madame Tussauds. The absolute IMAGE.
- We tried Persian food in a cute little restaurant near our hotel. I don’t know if it would be my go-to dish, but overall it was very tasty so I’m glad I tried it for the experience. The atmosphere was lovely too.
- Buckingham Palace isn’t as Princess-ey as I imagined. It really is just a big house, personally I think they could do with a few turrets and maybe a dragon. Preferred the vibe of Kensington Palace although would not decline an afternoon tea invite. In the picture below I’m at the changing of the guard, absolute chaos!
- I didn’t feel overly comfortable using the loo in Harrods. I’ll pick up my Gucci belt on the way out lads xx Although, it was definitely a must visit for me because I always hear about it. Not much to do if you’re like me and have four quid in your bank, but well worth a gawk for the sake of Insta.
- I need to go back to see Big Ben. While I was there it was under construction for the first time in god knows how long. Classic me, eh?
- You need an entire holiday just for the Natural History Museum. It’s so cool and such a beautiful building, but my god was it massive. Also felt like Ben Stiller the whole time waiting for things to come to life.
- I have a new perspective of the Notting Hill movie. It ain’t so glam when Hugh ain’t with your clan. This was a cool experience though because it really was just a door. Anyone else LOVE that film? I’m just a girl, standing in front of a door…
- It’s another amazing city ticked off the bucket list. I definitely want to go back to watch a show. Also, macaroons are a must!
- The tourist attractions aren’t as close together as I imagined. Like maybe this was just me being a bit thick, but bring your walking shoes!
- A bag of chips always taste nicer when you’re on holiday. Okay so I already knew this, but it’s definitely confirmed it. We enjoyed these ones wrapped in newspaper at the Tower of London.
- Rupi Kaur is queeeeeen. Again, just confirming the facts. You can read more about this in a previous blog post.
- No siblings were harmed in the making of this holiday. We actually managed to get along the majority of the time.
- London is still calling, I must go again to squeeze in the rest of the things I wanted to do. I haven’t mentioned it already because I don’t have any pictures, but would highly recommend the London Dungeons! The picture below was taken in a cute cafe near Harrods.
Have you been to London? Would you go again? It was completely different from what I imagined, but I did think it was a stunning city. Would love to go back and soak up all of the quirky things to do off the beaten track.
Any questions about it, let me know!